This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeGrub #CollectiveBias
So what did you all think of the all-star festivities over the weekend? Pretty fun, right? I decided to watch the shootout and (surprisingly good) dunk competition from the warmth of my home. As a snack, I warmed up a bag of all-natural Alexia Smart Classics Crinkle Cut Fries, and made a Lemon Peppercorn Dip to dunk ’em in. Outstanding.
So Saturday night, I made this delicious peppercorn dip in roughly the time it takes to conveniently heat up Alexia gourmet frozen fries.
2. In fifteen minutes the oven should be ready to rock-n-roll. Arrange the frozen potatoes in a single layer on an 11″ x 17″ baking sheet and slide them in the oven.
9. Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to the skillet and stir. Let the sauce thicken over the next 5-6 minutes using a low flame. Stirring occasionally, this is when you might think, ‘This looks like peppercorn sauce!”
11. Add salt to taste.
13. Remove Alexia fries or rings from oven, and plate.
And, be sure to stop by the Ice Cream aisle, and grab a bag of your favorite Alexia Frozen Fries & Rings to compliment this game time indulgent dip.
Need more recipe ideas to compliment Alexia Frozen Fries & Rings and the next sporting event you are hosting?! This right >>> HERE <<< is a nice resource.
Enjoy the rest of the basketball season everyone!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 tbsps green peppercorns (in brine)
- 2 large lemons worth of zest
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Over a low flame, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in the base of a medium size skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoons worth of shallots and butter and 2 tablespoons of Green Peppercorns to skillet. In about three minutes time, the shallots will be soft.
- Add 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to the pan and cook for about a minute.
- Add (and stir) 4 teaspoons of flour until it is absorbed into the other ingredients. This should take about a minute.
- Add 1 cup of beef broth and 2 large lemons worth of zest to skillet and let reduce to half for the next 5 minutes. Use a medium flame and stir occasionally.
- Add ½ cup of heavy cream to the skillet and stir. Let the sauce thicken over the next 5-6 minutes using a low flame. Stir occasionally.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and stir.
- Add salt to taste.
- Pour into small serving bowl and garnish with a few curls of lemon zest.