You know what’s seriously good? This Lemon Cranberry French Yogurt Cake with Sugar In The Raw topping. It’s inspired by that amazing Lemon French Yogurt Cake recipe from The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen.
My super sweet neighbor introduced this wonderful treat to Clint & I a few weeks ago. Her delicious adaption includes cranberries. Brilliant idea on her part.
Clint liked it so much I’ve made the recipe several times, with… and without cranberries. In my opinion, my neighbor’s berry idea is a must when making this recipe; otherwise, it’s a simple cake asking for a little more complexity.
Similar to my Crunchy Raspberry Bread recipe, I added a crunchy layer of Sugar In The Raw to top. Crazy good!
Happy New Year, everyone!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tightly packed tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (roughly 4 medium sized lemons)
- ¾ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen cranberries (thawed, washed and dried)
- Sugar In The Raw
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat pan with vegetable oil spray. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- Whisk 1½ cups flour, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub sugar with lemon zest in a small bowl until sugar is moist.
- In a large bowl whisk two large eggs. Then add and mix in the yogurt, oil and vanilla extract.
- Fold in dry ingredients just to blend.
- Add cranberries to batter and stir gently.
- Fill prepared pan with batter until it's ½ or ¾ full; smooth top.
- With a spoon, sprinkle Sugar In The Raw on top of batter until there is a layer of dry sugar lining the top of the batter.
- Bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes.