I love Longmire on A&E. Currently, it’s in the middle of the third season; and last week the Wyoming sheriff and his deputy, Vic (played by Battlestar Galatica star, Katee Sackhoff), got mixed up with some twisted cult folks (led by the awesome, Peter Stormare). If you ask me, that Waco-like Wyoming compound serves a pretty boring fried bologna sandwich.
Here’s one – I make – that might change people’s minds.
It’s thinly sliced fried bologna and sauteed onions piled high – like an Arby’s sandwich – inside a butter-toasted Trader Joe’s Brioche Roll… with Trader Joe’s Pub Cheese spread. This is a freakin’ good fried bologna sandwich.
Where did I get the idea to style my Fried Bologna Sandwich in an Arby’s-like fashion? From Nicole at Wonky Wonderful! She made this absolutely delicious looking sandwich (pictured above) when she recreated the Arby’s Sauce Recipe. Oh my goodness, doesn’t it look good.
My Fried Bologna Sandwich is super easy to shop for. Four of the five ingredients can be grabbed at Trader Joe’s. Those include the Pub Cheese, Brioche Rolls, onions and salted butter.
Then I pile the fried bologna and sauteed onions high onto the rolls, and enjoy one seriously good fried bologna sandwich with some Trader Joe’s potato chips.
I hope you love this irresistible sandwich as much as I do!
And when you have some time, check out Nicole’s outstanding food at Wonky Wonderful. She’s brilliant in the kitchen.
UPDATE: Trader Joe’s does not sell bologna. Be sure to purchase thinly sliced bologna at your local grocery store.
- 12 Thin slices of bologna (or 4-6 of Oscar Mayer Beef Bologna)
- 1 Medium onion
- 1 Bag of Trader Joe's Brioche Rolls
- 1 Container of Trader Joe's Pub Cheese
- 1 Stick of salted butter
- Cover the bottom of a large skillet with butter by melting a tab.
- Slice onion into thin rings.
- Cut "X"'s into each slice of bologna.
- Place sliced onion and bologna into skillet and cook until bologna reaches desired brown-ness.
- Place fried bologna and onions onto a plate.
- Again, cover the bottom of a large skillet with butter by melting a tab.
- Cut two Trader Joe's Brioche Rolls in half.
- Toast both sides of rolls in a large skillet. Add and melt more butter when flipping rolls over.
- Remove rolls after they become golden brown.
- Spread Trader Joe’s Pub Cheese on the inside-top of each roll.
- Pile fried bologna and sautéed onions onto each roll like an Arby’s sandwich. Six thin slices of fried bologna per sandwich (or 2-3 slices of Oscar Mayer).
This Post Is Linked To These Great Parties:
The Country Cook
Show Stopper Saturday