Ever since being introduced to NUCHAS in Times Square, I love eating empanadas. Now, I enjoy making them as well. A while back, I made an Apple & Pear Filled Sweet Empanada inspired by my favorite item (and Snack Fixation) on the NUCHAS menu; now, I want a good Buffalo Chicken Empanada in my repertoire.
Last week, I made a delicious one… just in time for the Super Bowl.
It’s juicy shredded chicken seasoned with salt and celery salt – mixed in with Philadelphia Cream Cheese, crumbled blue cheese, blue cheese dressing and… of course… FRANK’S RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce.
Also, it helps firm up the creaminess so wrapping each empanada isn’t a messy endeavor.
Here’s the recipe for these delicious Buffalo Chicken Empanadas featuring FRANK’S RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce.
You can also try Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Chicken Dip by visiting their website for the recipe. Just keep in mind, you might wanna reduce the amount of crumbled blue cheese in the recipe. A full cup was too much for my empanadas, and I could see that being the same for the dip.
This Post Is Linked To These Great Parties:
Sunday Funday Linkup
- 4 oz PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- ½ cup FRANK'S® RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce
- ½ cup bleu cheese or ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, seasoned with salt and celery salt to taste
- ½ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 Pack (10 count) of GOYA Discos Grandes, thawed
- 1 Egg (whisked with two drops of FRANK'S® RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce)
- 3 oz Flour
- 1 oz Water
- COMBINE cream cheese, wing sauce, bleu cheese dressing, crumbled bleu cheese in a medium bowl. Chill overnight... or 3-4 hours.
- After Buffalo chicken filling has chilled, pre-heat oven to 400˚ when ready to wrap and bake empanadas.
- Dust the surface where the empanadas will be made with flour. Do this again after wrapping each empanada.
- Place roughly 4-5 tablespoons of Buffalo chicken filling in the center of empanada.
- With finger, wet the rim of the empanada with water.
- Fold empanada over to enclose Buffalo chicken filling inside. Press the wet and dry edges together where they meet to seal.
- Fold the edges of the dough using your fingers. Press down firmly after each fold that you make. Repeat this around the entire curved edge of the empanada. Watch this excellent tutorial video to see how to crimp your empanadas closed.
- Line folded empanadas on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Brush the top of each empanada with a wash of egg.
- Slide empanadas into oven for 15-20 minutes, and bake until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool for 5 - 10 minutes. Buffalo chicken filling will be extremely hot inside the empanada.
- Feel free to drizzle a little FRANK'S® RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce on top of empanada, and...